A pharmacist is a professional scientist who possesses the skills in all aspects relating to the design, development, delivery, supply, control and the usage of drugs. The School is currently using an integrated approach in teaching and learning as pharmacists need to acquire a broad range of scientific education. The International Program Bachelor of Pharmacy degree correlates scientific findings with a strong foundation of core science courses.
The students will expand their knowledge in physiology, microbiology, medicinal chemistry (drug chemistry), pharmaceutics (drug formulation to produce safe and effective medication), pharmacology (drug action on the body), clinical pharmacy (covering the knowledge on diseases and how drugs or medicines are chosen to treat and/or prevent certain diseases), and social and administrative pharmacy (economy, behaviour and drug policy).
Becomes a Leading Study Program in Organizing Research-Based Bachelor of Pharmacy Education with International Competitiveness in 2024.
In achieving this vision, we have generated four stages of the grand strategy development :
- 2007-2011 Period: Becoming a Superior Study Program in Organizing Bachelor of Pharmacy Education in 2011.
- 2012-2016 Period: Becoming a Leading Study Program in Organizing Research-Based Bachelor of Pharmacy Education in the National level in 2016.
- 2017-2019 Period: Becoming a Leading Study Program in Organizing Research-Based Pharmacy Undergraduate Education with a Regional Competitiveness in 2019.
- 2020-2024 Period: Becoming a Leading Study Program in Organizing Research-Based Pharmacy Undergraduate Education with an International Competitiveness in 2024.
- Organizing pharmacy undergraduate education that meets the principle of equity and expanding public access.
- Organizing research-based undergraduate pharmacy education that is relevant to the development of science and technology in the pharmaceutical field and fulfilling the demands of the user community.
- Organizing the management of professional, accountable and nationally competent pharmaceutical undergraduate education.
- Conduct research in the field of pharmacy based on local excellence oriented to scientific publications, patents and commercial products.
- Organizing community service by utilizing research results in the pharmaceutical field.
The objectives of bachelor degree program are developed based on pharmacy professional profiles known as Nine Star Pharmacist including pharmacist as:
- care giver,
- scientific comprehension & research abilities,
- life long learner,
- decision maker,
- teamwork abilities, personal/professional responsibilities.
Following the graduate profiles, the objective of the graduates are defined to impart the essential competencies in pharmaceutical sciences including pharmaceutical science such as chemical and biological pharmacy and pharmaceutical technology, as well as pharmacology and social behaviour. The objectives of bachelor program in Pharmacy is to develop students who are able to:
- Identify problems concerning drugs and its alternative solutions.
- Carry out the pharmaceutical practice based on standard procedure
- Prepare the dispensing of pharmaceutical dosage forms based on standard procedure
- Apply pharmaceutical science and technology in preparing and assuring the quality of pharmaceutical dosage forms
- Search and provide the information on drug and medications
- Communicate and develop interpersonal relationship
- Develop the leadership and management
- Behave with responsibility in behavior according to law and pharmaceutical ethics
- Comprehend the application of research and technology, as well as ability in self development