A pharmacist is a professional scientist who possesses the skills in all aspects relating to the design, development, delivery, supply, control and the usage of drugs. The School is currently using an integrated approach in teaching and learning as pharmacists need to acquire a broad range of scientific education. The International Program Bachelor of Pharmacy degree correlates scientific findings with a strong foundation of core science courses.
The students will expand their knowledge in physiology, microbiology, medicinal chemistry (drug chemistry), pharmaceutics (drug formulation to produce safe and effective medication), pharmacology (drug action on the body), clinical pharmacy (covering the knowledge on diseases and how drugs or medicines are chosen to treat and/or prevent certain diseases), and social and administrative pharmacy (economy, behaviour and drug policy).
Becomes a Leading Study Program in Organizing Research-Based Bachelor of Pharmacy Education with International Competitiveness in 2024.
In achieving this vision, we have generated four stages of the grand strategy development :
- 2007-2011 Period: Becoming a Superior Study Program in Organizing Bachelor of Pharmacy Education in 2011.
- 2012-2016 Period: Becoming a Leading Study Program in Organizing Research-Based Bachelor of Pharmacy Education in the National level in 2016.
- 2017-2019 Period: Becoming a Leading Study Program in Organizing Research-Based Pharmacy Undergraduate Education with a Regional Competitiveness in 2019.
- 2020-2024 Period: Becoming a Leading Study Program in Organizing Research-Based Pharmacy Undergraduate Education with an International Competitiveness in 2024.
- Organizing pharmacy undergraduate education that meets the principle of equity and expanding public access.
- Organizing research-based undergraduate pharmacy education that is relevant to the development of science and technology in the pharmaceutical field and fulfilling the demands of the user community.
- Organizing the management of professional, accountable and nationally competent pharmaceutical undergraduate education.
- Conduct research in the field of pharmacy based on local excellence oriented to scientific publications, patents and commercial products.
- Organizing community service by utilizing research results in the pharmaceutical field.
- To increase and equalize and expand public access to obtain pharmaceutical education.
- To produce graduates who are qualified and have international competitiveness.
- Creating an efficient, effective and accountable education management system so that it can improve public image.
- Producing high quality research products in the form of scientific publications, patents and commercial products.
- Increasing the utilization of appropriate pharmaceutical and health science and technology for the benefit of society.
The graduates must be:
- Able to identify problems related to drugs and the alternative solutions
- Able to perform pharmaceutical care on pharmaceutical dosage form according to standard procedures.
- Able to prepare or mix pharmaceutical dosage form according to the standard procedures.
- Able to apply pharmaceutical science and technology in the manufacture and the quality assurance of pharmaceutical dosage form production.
- Able to search, prepare, and provide information about drugs and treatment.
- Able to communicate and build interpersonal relationships.
- Able to apply the principles of leadership and management.
- Able to act responsibly in accordance with statutory provisions and pharmaceutical ethics.
- Able to demonstrate mastery of science and technology, research ability, and self-development ability.